In broad terms, the Old Testament covers the Old Covenant and the New Testament covers the New Covenant. But what do these terms actually refer to? And how does knowing the difference between the two affect our everyday life? The answers will surprise and shock you.
Irrespective of your denomination, you have never had the truths found in the Bible opened up to you in such a descriptive and cohesive manner. The information here is designed to give practical effect to your spiritual beliefs, in such a way that they make a lasting difference for the better in your everyday life.
When Jesus walked the earth, he came to put into effect the New Covenant first spoken of by the prophet Jeremiah:
“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.
“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
- Can the Bible be understood?
- Different Bible Translations
- Theological terminology
- Differing Bible Interpretation
- The quest for a coherent Unified Storyline
- The Engineer's Guide to the Bible
- What is a Covenant?
- What is the Old Covenant?
- What is the New Covenant?
- What about the Other Covenants?
- Who are the Parties to the Old Covenant?
- Who are the Parties to the New Covenant?
- Which Covenant applies today?
- Does the Old Covenant still apply?
- Why do we need a New Covenant?
- What is New about the New Covenant?
- When does the New Covenant take effect?
- What is New Covenant Theology?
- How is an undertanding of the two Covenants relevant to your Faith?